Tuesday 5 September 2017

Disney Book Tag!

So, as you all may know, I am a tincey wincey (maybe a lot more than that) bit obsessed with Disney.


So, when I saw this tag on Megan's blog (Blue Eyed Demon) I knew I just had to do it, and although she didn't tag anyone, she tagged me on Twitter after I expressed interest!

I'll be linking to the goodreads page for each book if you want to check it out!

Onto the questions!

1. The Little Mermaid – A character that is out of their element, a fish out of water.

Okay so, my answer for this one is not going to be one that many of you know yet as it is a new book that I got as an arc from netgalley. And this is Talia from Book of Fire. I picked her because when she tries to save her family from the dome she ends up in a totally different place than what she is used to. She has lived her life in the forest, living life from the forest, whereas the people inside the dome use a lot of futuristic things, and she is totally out of her element when she ends up inside.

2. Cinderella – A character who goes through major development.

I have to say Feyre from ACOTAR. She begins the book being afraid and a bit hateful of Faeries, yet as you get through the books she learns more about them and even falls in love with one of them. Definitely a big development in my eyes!

3. Snow White – A book with an eclectic cast of characters.


Hm, this was a hard one, and I had to think about it, but I'll go for the Mortal Instruments, there's so many different types of characters trying to interact. (hope I got this question right)

4. Sleeping beauty – A book that put you to sleep.

No book puts me to sleep, I have a problem (well not really a problem) in that I have actually never not liked a book I have read! But I can also cheat and say all books, as I do love reading until I fall asleep at night time!

5. The Lion King – A character that had something traumatic happen in their childhood.

I took so long to decide this one, as all I could think of was books I'd already used in this post, and I didn't want to re-use them. So, I'm going to go with Celaena from Throne of Glass. Mainly because when younger she found her parents dead one morning, after crawling into bed with them, and the majority of her family is killed that night too. Also, she is then trained up to become an assassin rather than living in a loving home. So, not the most traumatic thing that I've read about, but still quite a big traumatic event!

6. Beauty and the Beast – A book that was a beast (a.k.a a big book that you were intimidated by but in the end found beautiful)

It has to be Inheritance. This is such a beast of a book, one of the biggest I have in my bookcase that isn't an illustrated version.

I had read the previous books in the series, but this one was giant and I wondered if I'd ever get through it, but in the end I did, and I loved it so much, I didn't even guess what would happen at the end despite my theories throughout the first 3 books.

7. Aladdin – A character who has their wish granted for better or for worse.

I would say Lirael for this answer from the Old Kingdom Series. She always wanted to just fit in with her family and find her place in the Glacier. In the end she does end up finding her place, just not in the Glacier with the Clayr, and instead fits in with her new family as an Abhorsen!

So it's kind of for the better but also for the worse as she did just want to have the sight for so many years of her life!

8. Mulan – A character who pretends to be someone or some thing that they are not.


Okay, so I'm going to go with Kalinda from the Hundredth Queen, or to be more specific the second book The Fire Queen. Mainly because when she finds out she is a Bhuta she hides it, and even when she later goes to another land she hides it still so her people won't hate her.


9. Toy Story – A book with characters who you want to come to life.

Omg this is so hard to choose. But, come on guys, I have to choose Harry Potter. Who wouldn't want to know some of them characters IRL and then you also get a chance to meet the ones you fell in love with in the book!


10. Disney Descendants – Your favourite villain.

oooooh this is a hard one! I do like Galbatorix from Eragon, I don't know why but I do, despite all the bad he's done. Maybe it is because of how he became a bad guy, the death of his dragon, I don't know, but he's one of my favourites!



I Tag (very long list here but links to blog are included) and anyone else who wants to do it!:
Sydney
Jess
Kyra
Megs
Linda
Jackie
Cassie
Sarah
Ash
Alice
Nicola

Feel free to comment on my crazy answers if you agree!

No comments:

Post a Comment